Wednesday, August 4, 2010

smoked out

I have GOT to stop paying attention to election news, no matter how hard it is to avoid, or my blood pressure is going to explode.

Now I find out, from Tony Jones on Lateline (which I wasn't even planning to watch, but it just cleverly started up on the tail of Yes, we Canberra!), that sleazebag Abbott is in bed with the international tobacco lobby to overturn the plain packaging legislation on cigarettes. Apparently, the budgie-smuggling 'action man' of Australian politics doesn't care how many other lives he helps to ruin if it gets him a little more in political donations or a few more votes.

And btw, just how stupid do the big British and American tobacco companies think we are, to imagine that they can bankroll an organisation that purports to represent the interests of Australian retailers, when it is clearly just a lobby group for the tobacco-murder industry? Give me a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment