Tuesday, August 25, 2009

cute as a button

I'd hoped to go see the new animated 3D movie Coraline at the cinema over the past couple of weeks, but each time I'd planned to go, I had to cancel due to illness. Late last week, the problem was solved for me when Amazon delivered the movie on blu ray, so I was able to watch it on my own tv, in living 3D!

This fantastic blu ray set includes the feature film in both standard and 3D versions, plus four sets of 3D glasses. It was quite an experience to sit in my darkened lounge and watch the amazing 3D effects on my own tv!

The movie itself was better than I'd expected; basically, a more modern riff on Alice in Wonderland, but made wonderful in its own right by a clever script (based on an original by Neil Gaiman), great characterisation of Coraline, her friend Wybie, and her 'other' family, beautiful animation, and some really imaginative situations and effects.

This one will be a long-time favourite, and earns 4 buttons... err, stars, from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment