Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ticket box tango

Sometimes, it pays to procrastinate!

After having a wonderful time at 'Priscilla', 'Wicked!' and 'Jersey Boys', I lined up 'Chicago' as the next stage musical to catch.

I just never quite got there, though.

The problem is, even though I enjoyed the movie version, it seems to me that the show leads with all of its show-stoppers, with nothing much saved for the end. I loved the first 30 minutes, then started looking at my watch wondering when it would get good again.

'All that Jazz', 'When you're Good to Mama' and 'Cell Block Tango' are sensational numbers... but after that, it's all downhill. Every time I see it, I find myself wondering why they didn't keep 'All that jazz' for the closing number.

Anyway, as a result, I just didn't get around to booking tickets... after all, the show was running until mid-December, so no rush.

Then I got an email message last night... the season has been cut short; just 2 more weeks to go! But wait... there's good news too... tickets for all remaining performances now only around $51! Whoo-hoo!

So I got online, and picked up a great bargain - seats in the stalls, mid-row, about halfway back from the stage! Brilliant! That's about as close as I've ever been to the stage for any performance outside of the Comedy Festival.

I know I'm gonna enjoy this, even if I do get bored through the second half of the show :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment