Monday, November 30, 2009

les plans commencent a fall into place

Well, I've been planning and procrastinating for more than 18 months now, but today, I took the first real step towards taking a decent holiday next year, by applying for time off from work next May/June.

Actually, that was really the second step... in a rush of blood to the head, I snapped up some new luggage at DJ's during last week's VIP shopping night at Chaddy - at 50% off, I couldn't let the opportunity pass - and since I now had some decent bags, I really had little choice but to get on with the rest of the planning to go somewhere!

Step 3 followed in very quick succession, thanks to a chance encounter with a Kathmandu sale catalogue that came with the newspapers on the weekend. So now I not only have suitable luggage, but a wonderful array of minor travel accessories that I would never have thought that I needed (nor did I even know existed, in some cases!), and all at 50% - 60% off RRP as well!

Next step will be to organise a passport... and then I'd better start thinking about booking some flights and accommodation... and fast, before I realise how much it will all cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment