Tuesday, November 3, 2009

you never can have enough butter

Time to catch up on movie reviews - I saw Julie and Julia for the second time, over the long weekend.

There's not much that I can say about Meryl Streep's acting that hasn't been said a million times before, but she was absolutely sensational in this film. I wasn't familiar with Julia Child before this film, but the original could never measure up to Meryl herself. Could this be the first time that a real person loses 'copyright' of themselves to an actor?? I had seen a preview of this movie pre-release, but when an opportunity arose to see it again, I was happy to do so, just to watch Meryl on screen.

I'm also a big fan of Stanley Tucci, and Amy Adams (and even Chris Messina), so this was a can't-miss experience for me.

The twin stories were both interesting and involving, the production was beautiful - and it was a real pleasure to watch a film that was pure entertainment and about real people, with no artificial tension or strained comedy getting in the way. This one gets **** from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment