Saturday, December 5, 2009

trust no politician

Was I the only one shocked and appalled by this statement in today's Age?

"Victoria Police last night said it was routine for police to sign such deals [to share information about protesters] with organisations building big public projects where there were potential security risks."

WTF??? When did private companies get the right to access Police information about law-abiding citizens?? Or about any citizens, for that matter? When did the government make that decision? What information do which companies have about which citizens? If I say that I oppose the useless and over-priced desalination plant, and that I believe it will force us all to pay mega-millions of dollars unnecessarily to an overseas private company for something we don't need in the the first place, will my details end up on Aquasure's database?

This is the worst example of abuse of government power I have heard of in the entire tenure of the current State government.

Make no mistake about it: no-one can trust John Brumby (or Ted Baillieu).

No comments:

Post a Comment