Sunday, July 4, 2010

holiday hangover

It's been a week since I returned to 'cool-as-ice' Melbourne, and I've almost recovered from the effects of 'holiday injuries' and jet lag. I can't believe that my long-awaited and long-planned holiday has ended so soon, but that's what time's like when you're having fun. I had the *best* time in London and especially Paris, so it makes sense that time passed even faster than normal 'good' time.

I had big plans, before I left, to blog my way across the globe and back. I lugged my netbook with me, and made sure I had wi-fi wherever I stayed, but look what happened - not one post about the holiday the entire time I was away!

I had *such* a great time every day that I was away that I just didn't get a chance to sit down and write. It's too late to make up for that now, but as I sort through some of the 2,500-odd photos that I took during the trip, I'm going to try to post a few here, like this view over Paris rooftops from the balcony of the apartment that I stayed in, and include some memories of the trip.

Since I've returned, I've realised how much time I must have devoted to planning and researching and preparing for the trip... really, since last November! And as the post-holiday blues start to set in to fill the vacuum, I've already 99% decided that I'm going back again next year. A new set of travel books is already waiting on my bedside table to be devoured and turned into plans for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment