Saturday, September 19, 2009

bringing home baby

Well, today was the BIG day! An unheard-off 7am alarm to start off a Saturday, so that I could get across to Berwick to collect the new car at 9:30. I even managed to get there 15 minutes early! (That's what happens when you're too excited to sleep properly!)

I've never had much interest in cars before, but my little Mazda 2 is just *beautiful* to look at, and drives like a dream! Not to mention features that I've never had in a car before, like central locking, power everything, and an MP3 jack!

I detoured by my sister's home and my mum's to show off the new baby, then headed home, via High St Road.

The trip was uneventful, until a moron in a pickup truck decided to change into my lane, while I was still there. Apparently never having heard of a rear-view mirror, and not being partial to indicators either, he just started to veer across into me. I slammed on the brakes, which happily worked perfectly, and we missed contact by about 2 cm!

I then applied the horn, to make him aware that I was there. He just took advantage of my slow-down to complete his change of lanes and zoomed off. No manners. But at least, also no contact.

I headed for home as quickly and carefully as possible, and got the new baby safely parked in her spot. Can't wait to take it for another spin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment