Tuesday, September 8, 2009

second scoop

Having recently become a big fan of Scarlett Johansson (thanks to her appearances in the Spirit and Vicky Cristina Barcelona), I picked up a copy of one of her earlier films, Woody Allen's Scoop, on blu ray, and watched it tonight.

I first saw Scoop at the Nova, when it was originally released in early 2007.

I was mildly annoyed and distracted at the time by Johansson's Woody-esque accent and presentation in the film, and I didn't appreciate the film so much... but now, more kindly-disposed to the actress, I watched again (in beautiful HD), and quite enjoyed it.

A decent murder-mystery, some good humour (tho' never laugh-out-loud funny), an interesting cast (including Hugh Jackman, Woody and the gorgeous Scarlett), the clever plot device of the ghosts and the ferry on the Styx - made for a pleasant 100 minutes of light entertainment. 3&1/2 stars for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment