Thursday, September 3, 2009

viewing daisies

Since I've been stuck at home in the evenings for most of the past month with this accursed virusy infectiony thingy, I haven't been able to get to the movies, so I've turned my attention to some good tv-on-blu ray. A little behind the times perhaps, but I've finally caught up with a show called Pushing Daisies.

I've watched it each night this week, and really enjoyed it... you never quite know what to expect, though the 'lovers can't ever touch each again' thing is starting to wear a little thin!

Aside from that, it has a great cast of characters - especially Ned, Emerson and Olive - and a fantastical look (presumably 99% CGI, but very Baz Lurrmann-ish)... plus interesting and surprising plots, and some occasional singing! What's not to like? Bit of a shame that it lasted only 2 seasons, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment