Tuesday, September 22, 2009

summer surprise

So having started Saturday so unbelievably early, we'd managed to make the trip all the way to Berwick, trade-in the beloved old 121, collect the gorgeous new 2, stop by the rellies to show off the new wheels, and still make it home to 3183 by 1pm!

By 1:30 pm, I was ready to either do something, or I'd have to come to a dead stop and go back to bed to catch up on my missed sleep-in.

A quick check of the session guide showed little of interest at the movies, but there was a session of something called '(500) Days of Summer' starting at the nearby George Cinemas at 2:15. There was no time to waste; a decision was made to avoid taking a nap and take a chance on the movie, and off we went! We arrived in perfect time, and with low expectations.

But the movie was lovely! Sure, a romantic comedy, but not too much like all the others.

The stars were cool and interesting (the kid I'd last seen on 3rd Rock, all grown up and with a haircut, and the leading lady from Yes Man), the plot was different to the usual romcom, it had an interesting time-switching gimmick, so that the story jumped back-and-forward around the length of the relationship (the 500 days), there was some funny comedy, and an unexpected ending!

Early on, I was thinking it was going to be a 4-star effort, but it faded a little towards the end, so I reckon it gets a 3&1/2, but still a surprising and entertaining movie that I was glad I went to see.

And I stayed awake throughout, which was a major achievement, considering how tired I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment