Wednesday, January 20, 2010

eine kleine nachtmarkt

One of my favourite things to do in Melbourne in Summer has to be the Queen Victoria night market on Wednesday evenings.

It was a pleasant 27-degree evening, so after work, I strolled down to Myer to look for a new pair of shoes (unsuccessfully). By the time I finished there, it was around 5:30, so I decided to walk up Lonsdale St to Queen St, and then down to the market. It wasn't yet 6 when I got there, but the place was already buzzing.

I checked out all the food stalls, to strike out the ones serving gluten-filled food, and then selected a delicious prawn and calamari jambalaya for dinner, washed down with a refreshing (but WAY over-priced - $8!!) sangria. Then it was time wander around the stalls, with a hot, fairtrade latte in hand.

After an hour, I'd seen everything, and headed back down the road, arriving at the bus stop just in time for the #220 to collect me and get me safely home by 7:30. If only every Wednesday evening could be so agreeable!

No comments:

Post a Comment