Friday, March 26, 2010

coffee and a nice chat

I dragged myself towards work as usual this morning, feeling particularly weary and heavy-headed, and, when I got off the tram at Collins St, I walked back to Brunetti's and decided to order a drink-in coffee for a change (instead of a take-away).

When it became apparent that the morning newspapers hadn't arrived yet, I settled down in a seat and got out one of my Paris travel guide books, to continue my research for my forthcoming holiday.

As I finished the first page, an unfamiliar voice at the next table asked "When are you going?"

I looked up at the guy and told him that I was heading off in about two months' time, whereupon he offered me some tips on places to visit in Paris, and we struck up a conversation on the subject, as he had lived there for some time, and was keen to go back again. We didn't chat for long... maybe less than ten minutes... but I enjoyed our discussion and was very grateful to him for having taken the time to enquire and offer me some advice for the trip.

It brightened my morning considerably, cleared the cobwebs, and got my day off to a good start, so ... merci beaucoup!

No comments:

Post a Comment