Tuesday, April 6, 2010

fun with mark

One of the best things about the Comedy Festival is getting to 'discover' new acts.

This arvo, I stood on the steps of the Town Hall, reading the chalkboard list of shows available that day, and I was approached by no less than three different people, all of whom were performers at the Festival, and none of whom I had ever heard of. Each gave us a spiel about their show, and we selected one of them to see that evening. That's how we came to be at Mark Trenwith's 'Fun' show at the Portland hotel tonight.

And 'fun' it was. I'd never heard of Mark before he talked to us on the steps at the Town Hall this arvo, but I quickly got the impression that I'd enjoy his show. and I did. It was a sort of a 'random' stand-up with video clips thing... a bit way out at times, and a few jokes sorta missed their mark, but by-and-large, it was a fun performance, and one I was glad to have seen.

In other Comedy Festival news, we were lucky enough to score the last two available tickets to one of the hottest shows in town, Catherine Deveny, for tomorrow night (as she'd already sold out many performances, including tonight and Thursday, this was .... well, not an act of god, but at least, fate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment