Sunday, April 19, 2009

floral tribute

April has been a busy month.

April Fool's Day was also the first day of the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show, and since I didn't manage to get to it last year, I was determined to visit this year. I didn't have any time free during the five-day event, so I had to conjure time, by taking an extra-length lunchbreak on the first day of the Show.

I left the office around 11:30, and walked over to the nearby Carlton Gardens. It was a beautiful 30-degree Autumn day, ideal for strolling around under the huge shade trees and soaking up the garden displays. As always, the flower show inside the Exhibition Buildings was a highlight, featuring a riot of floral colour and imagination; the historic venue itself an attraction as important as the displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment