Tuesday, April 21, 2009

two people, one language

Oh putain, it's happened again!

After the problem with Faubourg 36 not having English sub-titles, I ordered another film that I wanted to see, from Amazon France - La Personne aux Deux Personnes, featuring Daniel Auteuil. The description in the catalogue clearly says 'sous-titres en Anglais', so I was astonished to load the disc and find that once again... only French sub-titles!

It's one thing to watch a drama in a language that you don't understand well... but a comedy?

Well, it was a great-looking film, with a neat twist in the plot, and a few chuckles, but I'm sure I missed most of the fun in the words that I couldn't understand and in the time it took me to read and translate what I could. Too bad; I hope a version with English is released some time, because it definitely seems to be a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment