Friday, April 24, 2009

aspirational hell

So a week has passed since my 'sudden' visit to the HIA Home Ideas Show at Jeff's Shed, and the pain has passed sufficiently that I can finally bear to think about it again.

I went along as a favour to a friend, who wanted company, but it held little interest to me. After all, I no longer have a home of my own (as recounted in painful detail in my other blog, which I won't link to here, because I don't want to have to think about how my greedy cheating ex-wife conned me out of the house that I had paid off over many years when she shacked up with her two-time loser lover!) But enough of that!

The thing I don't get about the Home Ideas 'Show' is that people actually pay money to go into an 'exhibition' that is little more than a huge barn full of salesmen trying to sell them expensive things that they really don't need! Why don't they pay people to go in, rather than make people pay for the honour?? It was a scary experience to be lost in that huge barn with hordes of roaming aspirationals looking to fit out their 'dream homes'.

The excursion lasted almost 90 minutes; I couldn't believe how big that place is and how far it is to walk up and down every aisle. It was like being trapped in an endless maze from which there was no turning back. By the time I staggered home, footsore and exhausted, I had decided that all I could reasonably do was sleep and try to forget the whole thing ever happened. You have been warned! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment