Saturday, April 25, 2009

fun's over!

I'm not going to try to rate the shows that I saw at this year's Comedy Festival, 'coz I enjoyed them all, to varying extents.

The standouts for me were the Kransky Sisters, Judith Lucy, Stephen K Amos and Denise Scott, but I also enjoyed Sammy J, Felicity Ward, the Axis of Awesome and Dave Jory. The Delusionists were a bit of a let-down this year, but only in comparison to their earlier shows. I've seen them in each of the past 3 Festivals, and love their skit format shows, but this year's experiment with an ongoing 'plot' thru the Show seemed to rob it of variety and the element of surprise... but I'll still probably go see them again if they're back next year!

SO the dark clouds rolled in today; the wind sprang up, and the rains came (not that the rain is likely to hang around for long!). The days are shorter, Winter is in the air, the Comedy Festival is ending, and it's time to snuggle up with indoor entertainment for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment