Sunday, May 10, 2009

one of those days

Saturday was one of those days. I was supposed to be having a late lunch with a friend, but when that was cancelled at the last minute, I was left with the afternoon unexpectedly free. I wanted to do something with the day.

I checked Your Movies to see what movie I could catch, but there was nothing that particularly caught my eye. (Ok, I really wanted to see the new Star Trek film, but I'd already promised to take my kids next weekend). It was too late to catch the midday sessions of the two other films that I might have gone to, so as the afternoon started to tick away and nothing special came to mind, I finally decided to just go out, catch whatever bus or tram was coming, head into the city, and see what I could find!

As it turned out, the tram came first, so I headed down Dandenong Rd and St Kilda Rd. As we travelled, my mind churned thru some of the options for an afternoon's entertainment... movies were out; I was already too late to catch the footy at the 'G (and even if I did go, it was only Richmond and Brisbane playing); the shops were all open, but I didn't need anything, and I knew that if I ended up at South Melbourne market or Melbourne Central or DFO, I'd only be tempted to impulse buy.

As the tram stopped outside the NGV, I considered a stroll thru the galleries, and then I remembered what I'd been trying to find time to do for the past few weeks! Next stop: Federation Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment