Thursday, June 11, 2009

amazon rocks!

So I've been ordering various Region A blu ray discs from Amazon in the US, and enjoying a range of movies and tv shows not yet available here, and today, my latest order arrived - the long-awaited 4th season of Weeds.

Eagerly, I slipped the first disc into the player... and nothing! Nada. Won't play the disc! I checked online, and discovered the unbelievable... even tho the first 3 seasons were unlocked, season 4 is locked! Can't play on my machine! And I just wasted $30 importing it!

It wasn't Amazon's fault... they do a disclaimer on all of their sales of Region A discs outside the Americas. But even so, I decided I would at least write to Amazon, let them know what happened, and ask them to pass on my complaint to their supplier.

To my amazement, they wrote back, within an hour, and offered me a full refund! I was delighted, but embarrassed... I pointed out that I didn't hold them responsible, so I didn't expect a refund at all. Which made it even better. That's the best customer service I've ever had... and I'll have no hesitation in recommending Amazon to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment