Monday, June 15, 2009

how tweet it is

I set up a Twitter account recently. I have nothing to tweet about, myself; it was purely as part of research for work.

What I discovered is that Twitter is bit like being the 'official' photographer at an event... you can only do one thing at a time - either join in the occasion, or stand outside it and take photos... or tweet, as the case may be.

A report in the paper yesterday noted that the vast majority of ... um... twits... only ever make 1 tweet before they lose interest. I was fast losing interest, too (tho I've made 2 tweets so far!), until I received a 'follow' request (it's an even longer story!) from one of my footballing heroes, Harry O'Brien!

OMG. I felt like a schoolkid getting an autograph from the star half back! I was embarrassed to accept, 'coz I actually have nothing to say on Twitter, but I couldn't resist the very odd sensation that I was 'connected' to someone I admire and respect, no matter how obliquely!

Now I just have to think of stuff to tweet about!

No comments:

Post a Comment