Tuesday, June 23, 2009

oh what a night

Did I recently say "where there's a will, there's a way"? Tonight, I got to see "Jersey Boys" at the fabulous Princess Theatre. What a great show and what a great venue! It's worth the price of admission just to visit these heritage theatres.

We had terrific seats in the dress circle (of course, I had to get seated behind a 7-foot tall escapee from the asylum, but he didn't block ALL the view!) The show was beautifully staged - the ingenuity of the show designers is amazing - the music was fantastic, faithfully representing the original tunes, and the story was both interesting and amusing. I'm just downloading a few more Four Seasons tunes on iTunes to help me relive the experience.

My only complaint... I wanted more music! I could listen to some of those tunes for hours, and some of my favourites - like Dawn and Rag Doll - got short shrift, while Grease didn't make the show at all. Understandable, of course, or the programme would have run all night! I'd happily see it again, if I get an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment