Tuesday, June 2, 2009

stalked by the pig...

Ok; I confess. The Monday before last, I came down with chest congestion and a fever. I don't know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone else who is even suspected of having swine flu, and I haven't travelled anywhere lately where I might have been likely to pick it up, so I assumed it would be just a 24-hour bug, and let it go.

As the week wore on, I wore down... the fever bubbled away, the chest congestion was complemented by a slight cough and a sore throat, I had mild aches and pains, and I got tired. Still nothing to worry about.

On the weekend, as I settled back to watch a movie, I felt a strong pain across my chest. This was a worry. It felt like the last time I had a chest infection. I couldn't get to a doctor on the weekend, but over the next 24 hours, the chest pain faded. The other symptoms stuck around tho.

On Monday morning at the office, the HR Manager, who'd been enquiring after my health the whole previous week, alerted me (personally!) that plans were about to be implemented to send home any staff suspected of being infectious... in case they had the dreaded swine flu!

I was sure I didn't have 'the big S', but I took the hint, and booked an appointment at the GP for that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment