Monday, June 8, 2009

hyper tense, future more imperfect

I never go to the doctor when I should; only when I absolutely have to. One reason for that is that I don't want to find out if there's anything wrong with me. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm getting along ok, I'd prefer to be ignorant of anything that I don't actually notice. Clever; I know :-)

When I went along to the GP last week for a checkup because of my chest infection, he also did a check of my blood pressure. Blood pressure (bp) is one of those things I never worry about, 'cause, you know, "it'll never happen to me". Well, this time it did... high blood pressure reading, not for the first time in the past 18 months... and now I'm officially one of the hypertense, in need of tablets to keep the bp under control so I don't wind up having a heart attack or a stroke in the future, and trying to keep myself calm and serene in case I aggravate the problem. Future imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment